Thursday, March 30, 2023

http://microcosmsfic.com/2023/03/26/microcosms-184/#comment-111284 Long Live the King 162 words Frog / Castle / Sci-Fi Boyd Miles I had just become King, crown and everything. My castle, yes, I now lived in a castle and not in one of the basement rooms without windows and hope. No, I had a nice room, fit for a king which was fitting as I was the King. It happened quite by accident, my ship had a rather unfortunate encounter with a rock and hurled itself toward the nearest planet that was survivable for passengers and crew. The landing wasn’t a good one but the safety rating wasn’t a lie and I wasn’t harmed, much. The same couldn’t be said for the unfortunate travelers my ship fell upon, no not at all. Fate must have been drunk. A tradition well older than memory had the quaint method of choosing the new King from those who killed the old, being the only living being on the ship I was taken from my aquarium and placed on the throne. Not bad for a pet frog.

No comments: