Thursday, May 29, 2014

    In For a Ride
By: Boyd Miles
for http://lilliemcferrin.com/five-sentence-fiction-marriage/

   She had not mentioned this part, a ski lift. What was she going to think of him now? Her brand new husband frozen in fear because of his acrophobia, not the best way to start a marriage.
    She started to rock the car laughing madly, "let's do the roller coaster next", she cried out between bursts of laughter. 
    When he jumped into this marriage he didn't know how high a jump it would be.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oops! Me thinks he needs to be honest and open up about his fears! I'm sure she won't think anything less of him. Love is unconditional after all . . . A fab tale. x

Robin Leigh Morgan said...

Interesting post. It makes me wonder if he has any other secrets she's yet to find out about.
I loved it as it makes me think of the WIP I'm working on right now, an adult Contemporary entitled "His Darkest Secret" which has a paranormal element running through parts of the story line.
Have a GREAT WEEKEND with your family !!! :-) :-) :-)

Donna B. McNicol said...

Gulp!!! He's in for quite a ride....

D.B. McNicol
Romance & Mystery...writing my life

Sandra Conner said...

Ooooops. I think perhaps somebody should have gotten to know another somebody a little better before saying "I do." She's a pretty high-stepper, and I have a feeling he won't be able to follow in her footsteps for the duration.